I have heard that taking vitamin D3 will help my psoriasis. Is this true? If so, how much should I take?

Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology
In brief: Check a level
Get your vitamin d level checked.
If you are low, then getting well into the normal range may help your psoriasis a bit. Vit d is also related to energy levels, depression (when low), and it may be an emerging risk factor for heart disease. So, lots of reasons to keep it normal.

In brief: Check a level
Get your vitamin d level checked.
Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Slightly
It requires very high doses to have any effect.
Topical vitamin d such as dovonex or vertical helps psoriaisis but will not clear it. It can be used in combination with a topical steroid. Since vitamin d is a fat soluble vitamin it is stored and high doses can potentially result on side effects.

In brief: Slightly
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried