My 6 yr d child has the flu. Slight fever and woke up dellusional from a horrible nightmare. Cause by fever? What do I do?

Dr. Charlene Sojico
In brief: Give comfort
High fevers can cause that, so does nightmares.
Give your child tender loving care and supportive treatment for his flu and fever.

In brief: Give comfort
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
In brief: Fever or med
Not sure what you experienced.
Fever may cause it some times, but tamiflu (oseltamivir) (the med for influenza too). If taking tamiflu (oseltamivir) stop it. Consider also it may have been an isolated case of "night terrors" which are common at his age (not related to illness). If he still seems "off" with altered mental status, talk to your doctor right away or go to er.

In brief: Fever or med
Not sure what you experienced.
Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Jonathan Jassey