I think I have a UTI because my urine has a really bad smell, will it go away by drinking just water or what else can I do?

In brief: Yes...
...Bladder infections, or cystitis, will resolve with time and drinking plenty of fluids.
The risk of not using antibiotics is the symptoms and course of the infection will be longer and the infection could progress to cause fever, involve the kidney, or spread into the blood stream (sepsis). If the only symptom is foul smell, it is safe to try a course of time and fluids.

In brief: Yes...
Dr. Edward Cherullo
Dr. Edward Cherullo
Dr. Eduardo Haddad
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Need antibiotic
Just drinking more water will not fix it.
If you have bacterian in your bladder it needs to be killed by antibiotics. If this is not associated with fever of kidney pain or chills it can be treated by a short course of 3 to 5 days on medication. You need to consult a doctor or a nurse practioner.

In brief: Need antibiotic
Dr. Eduardo Haddad
Dr. Eduardo Haddad
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine