I suffer from stomach bloating, gas. I am now on peppermint oil and trimebutine maleate inn. I am still bloated, is there a better medicine?

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Gas

You might try over the counter drug', the chemical name is simethicone.
Taken as 80mg three or four times a day spaced 6-8hrs apart can help. The chemical stays in your gut and breaks gas bubbles to smaller packages that can minimize bloating. It is doesn't work after a week it probably isn't going to. It is unlikely to cause any other problems as it pretty much stays in the gut.

In brief: Gas

In brief: Have you considered

ginger? An adult can chew 1/4th ounce of raw ginger to decrease nausea/ GI upset but should not exceed 4 grams per day.
Ginger can cause mouth irritation & heartburn – so encourage ginger tea instead. Place thin slivers of fresh organic ginger in tea pot with boiling water – steep for 5 minutes & then slowly sip.

In brief: Have you considered