How can I get rid of toenail fungus?

Dr. Alex Garcia
Podiatry
In brief: Three options
There are three main treatment options for toenail fungus.
The first option is an oral medication. The tablets although highly effective do have some possible side effects and consequences. Direct doctor supervision is needed. The second option is laser treatment. This option is also highly effective, in my experience, without any significant side effect. The third option is a topical medication.

In brief: Three options
Dr. Alex Garcia
Dr. Alex Garcia
In brief: Many ways to try
There is no sure fire method.
Treatments include everything from topical medication, to oral anti-fungal medication, to new laser treatment.

In brief: Many ways to try
There is no sure fire method.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Lamisil, (terbinafine) laser
Oral Lamisil (terbinafine) taken over 3 months can clear toenail fungus.
Tg more extensive the fungus the less responsive. Blood needs to be monitored during treatment for possible liver toxicity. Topical 2 per cent Lamisil (terbinafine) in dmsocan penetrate the nail without systemic side effects. New laser treatment may clear nail fungus but it is unclear whether results will last long term.

In brief: Lamisil, (terbinafine) laser
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried