Please help! I am on Depo-Provera shot and took ella (ulipristal acetate) contraceptive on the 5th day i was told I have more chances of getting pregnant on the next 14 days?

Dr. Jie Xu

In brief: No.

I'm not aware of this.
Both methods aim to inhibit ovulation. If you get Depo Provera every 12 weeks (3 months) and you also took Ella (ulipristal acetate) within 120hrs of unprotected sex, your chances of pregnancy is very very slim. If a healthcare provider told you this, i would clarify with them and ask for some literature that supports the claim. Take care!

In brief: No.

I'm not aware of this.
Dr. Jie Xu
Dr. Jie Xu
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine