I'm breast feeding & want to know if i take my Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) in the a.M. How many hrs do I have to wait b4 nursing again? Not XR its the salts (tablets)

In brief: Not a timing issue

Milk is being made continuously and exposure to Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) will show up in the milk, most within the first 8 hours after consumption.
At theraputic (prescribed) amounts it is considered relatively safe.Caution is advised for infants sensitive to the drug showing hyper irritability, insomnia & reduced weight gain. Any overuse should be met with a 24hrs of pump/dump period before resuming med.

In brief: Not a timing issue

Dr. Jane Van Dis