My gums are bleeding. I brush regularly. What has been causing this bleeding ? It also hurts a lot when I brush over the infected part. What can I do?

Dr. Quazi Bari
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Gingivitis
Your gum might be infected which is called periodontitis or inflammation , make an appointment with oral hygienist and they usually schedule you for antibiotic shots in the gum .
Thanks.

In brief: Gingivitis
Thanks.
Dr. Quazi Bari
Dr. Quazi Bari
Dr. Jason Cataldo
Gingivitis is inflammation, Periodontitis is infection. There are no antibiotic "shots" in the gum weekly. Local antimicrobial delivery via Arestin microspheres is placement of the powder into a periodontal pocket on occasion. If someone is doing or advocating this weekly, it is not appropriate. True disease and it's progression are being masked.
Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dentistry - Periodontics
In brief: Periodontitis
As a board certified gum specialist or "periodontist, " my recommendation would be to incorporate flossing into your daily regimen.
If you are still seeing regular bleeding, see a periodontist to assess periodontal disease. Usually pain is not a symptom of periodontitis until the severe stage, so this may be occurring. If you seek treatment early, it can save you pain, time, and money.

In brief: Periodontitis
Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dr. Duane Keller
Dentistry
In brief: Treat the cause
Gum disease is a bacterial (fungus and virus) infection.
Brushing reaches 1mm under the gum tissue and floss removes 15% of the plaque. Consider something that can deliver an antimicrobial (hydrogen peroxide gel) into the pocket. J dent res 2007 showed it killed 99.98% of the bacteria and j clin dent 2012 showed better results than deep cleaning. Check perio protect method for help.

In brief: Treat the cause
Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Jason Cataldo
#1. you're the inventor of this product #2. in the study you cite - the patient's still had to receive treatment (Scaling and Root Planing) in addition to wearing your tray's for 3 months before their scaling. Then after 10 weeks - their improvement was 0.58 millimeters. Correct?
Dr. Robert Ryan
Dentistry
In brief: Technique?
Although many people brush everyday, they don't do it properly.
Technique is very important. You didn't mention when you last had your teeth cleaned or examined by a dentist or hygienist. Make an appointment for an exam and hygiene and ask if you might have excessively deep pockets. If so, they cannot be adequately managed by a toothbrush alone.

In brief: Technique?
Dr. Robert Ryan
Dr. Robert Ryan
In brief: See your dentist
Brushing regularly does not prevent dental problems.
If it is more than 6 months since your last professional cleaning, then it is time to call your dentist for an appointment.

In brief: See your dentist
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Arnon Rubin