My pap smear for last yr was normal took test 2 weeks ago and have to wait 1 more wk for result if something was wrong would the lab contact my gyno rite away if something was wrong?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

It usually takes about 1 week to get pap results from my lab.
The results come as soon as the pap is read - good or bad. Some labs do require 3 weeks or more for results - some are as quick as three days.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Hopefully

Usually doctors have some system for highlighting abnormal findings when they return so that they can respond rapidly where necessary.
There is seldom an emergency about an abnormal pap smear and so many doctors would simply wait for your return visit. You are overthinking this. Please allay your fears. Nothing that cannot be managed.

In brief: Hopefully

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Adam Levy