What is a good alternative to the crazy side effects of mobic (meloxicam) and celebrex for my inflammation in my joints?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: All similar

All nsaids have similar side effects.
You could try tylenol (acetaminophen) or Limbrel (flavocoxib).

In brief: All similar

All nsaids have similar side effects.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
2 comments
Dr. James Marx
You might also try some topical NSAID's like Pennsaid or Voltarin Gel which don't require subjecting your entire body to the effects of the NSAID.
Dr. James Marx
You might also consider supplementing with MSM, Fish Oil. Consult your doctor first before starting any self medicating, though.
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: Which Ones?

Which ones you are referring to-the tendency to develop high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes, GI bleeding, or what.
Except for high blood pressure which is common to all of the nsaid's and GI bleedis which is not much of a problem with Celebrex (celecoxib) but common with the rest. Non-rx remedies are msm, glucosamine(can cause blood sugar probs) chondroitin and all of the anitoxidants in general.

In brief: Which Ones?

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Pain Management

In brief: Limbrel

Most anti-inflammatories have side effects, especially when used around the clock, such as GI upset, increased risk of GI bleeding/ulcers, renal compromise, and interaction with anti-coagulant drugs such as coumadin (warfarin).
I have found Limbrel 500mg by mouth twice daily (must be taken daily and takes 2-4 weeks to work) to be a great option for patients who cannot tolerate side effects of other drugs.

In brief: Limbrel

Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Dr. Vikram Patel