I have missed my period for over 2 1/2 months took a home pregnancy test and it was negative can I be pregnant?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Tests are accurate

If you have taken pregnancy tests at home and they are negative then you can rest assured that you are not pregnant.
You will need to see your doctor to discuss irregular periods. I would also discuss birth control options to avoid an unplanned pregnancy and avoid these scares in the future.

In brief: Tests are accurate

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Michael Sokol

In brief: Slim chance

Obtain a blood test from your local physician.
The most common causes of a missed period outside of pregnancy would be stress or polycystic ovary syndrome.

In brief: Slim chance

Dr. Michael Sokol
Dr. Michael Sokol
Dr. Adam Levy