My hands and arms go numb, could my diabetes be the cause?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Maybe

It could be from diabetes but it could be other things as well such as pinched nerves in the neck or arm, carpal tunnel syndrome, vitamin deficiency, heart trouble.
.. It's hard to say wihout asking more questions and examine you. In any case, it's not ok to live with numbness in the hands and arms without knowing the cause. Please see your doctor for an evaluation.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Richard Scofield
Internal Medicine - Diabetology

In brief: It might be

Numbness in the hands and feet might be seen in longstanding diabetes, particularly diabetes that is not well-controlled.
Other conditions may cause numbness in the extremities. Best to be examined by your doctor. There are specific tests that can be ordered to help sort out the cause of the numbness.

In brief: It might be

Dr. Richard Scofield
Dr. Richard Scofield