What is an ingredient I should look for when searching for acne products for sensitive skin?

Dr. Karen Han
Dermatology
In brief: Retinol
In general, i recommend my patients with sensitive skin to wash with cetaphil facial cleanser, and use a retinol containing product nightly such as roc night cream. Once your skin is used to this regimen, you might consult with your doctor to begin a prescription regimen that includes a tretinoin, topical antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide.
Sometimes oral regimen is needed for clearance.

In brief: Retinol
Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Dermatology
In brief: A few options
For over the counter methods try using products that have benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, alcohol, and acetone.
For prescription treatments you may be prescribed antibiotics, retinoids or vitamin a derivatives, azelaic acid, oral contraceptives, or spironolactone. Always ask a dermatologist about the possible affects and the risks vs benefits of each treatment. Make sure it's best for you.

In brief: A few options
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Dr. Antoanella Calame