What do I do when migraine medicine wont work?

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology
In brief: Keep a diary
If correct preventative measures are taken , most patients improve.
If your headache is truly intractable, try keeping a diary of headaches to identify trigger factors, look into your life style and total life situation, biofeedback? Botox injections? Treating coexistent problems such as hypertension or depression?

In brief: Keep a diary
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Steven Bender
Dentistry
In brief: Migraine medications
To be effective, migraine medications must be taken early in the headache before it gets bad.
Waiting untill you are sure its a migraine may be too late for the medicine to work. Also, not every migraine medication works for everybody. In some cases, people have to try multiple medications before they find the right one. My advice; use the best medication early in the headache.

In brief: Migraine medications
Dr. Steven Bender
Dr. Steven Bender
Dr. Vicken Poochikian