I have a bad insonmia..Is it affecting my heart?Would it affect my heart rate? And what should I do.

Dr. Ravi Chand
In brief: Insomnia
There is acute insomnia or chronic insomnia, acute insomnia is less than 3 months and chronic is more than 3 to 6 months please identify the stressor that caused this, it could be move to a different time zone, financial, relation stress etc.
Google sleep hygiene you may need short term meds like ambien cognitive behavior therapy for insomnia works best according to studies.

In brief: Insomnia
Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
In brief: Several questions
Insomnia, or difficulty falling asleep, is unlikely to truly affect your heart.
Stop all stimulants including caffeine, ginseng, peanuts, nicotine. Start a regular exercise program. Stop alcohol, while it may make you sleepy, it messes with your sleep cycle. Avoid taking daytime naps. You're less likely to be sleepy at bedtime. Set a regular bedtime and try taking melatonin just before sleep.

In brief: Several questions
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Eric Weisman