I had a lump in my left breast about 7 months ago and I had a mammogram the doctor said it was nothing lately it has enlarged significantly?

Enlarging lump. Go back to your doctor to get re evaluated. If you feel like you have an enlarging lump, it needs to be addressed despite what the mammo/physical exam showed 7 months ago.
Ultrasound. The best test for a palpable mass in the breast is an ultrasound. Even if the mammogram is negative. Hope this helps.
Plz C Breast Surgeon. While a normal mammogram is reassuring, as many as 10% of cancers will not be seen by mammography. Therefore, if you have a palpable lump, you should be seen by a breast surgeon. Using a combination of physical examination, ultrasound, +/- biopsy, they will get to the bottom of this. Don't delay!