No matter what I eat or how much I eat I get nauseated. I had gastric bypass surgery 18 months ago. What could be causing my nausea?

Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics
In brief: Gallstones or ulcer
Nausea after gastric bypass is not normal.
Most common is small stones or sludge in gallbladder. Also consider ulcer (must avoid aspirins and tobacco). Less common might include bowel obstruction, medication-related, and constipation. Of course, you will need to see your doctor about this. Good luck.

In brief: Gallstones or ulcer
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
In brief: You need more workup
Worst case scenario you may have internal hernia, but more likely you have narrowing at the anastomosis.
I recommend to start from upper gastrointestinal xray followed by endoscopy and possible ct scan. If you from la you can come to see me for appointment. Call 310 623 1786.

In brief: You need more workup
Dr. Sergey Lyass
Dr. Sergey Lyass
Dr. Scott Welle
Bariatrics
In brief: Ulcer or gallbladder
Most common causes are gallbladder or an ulcer at the connection of your pouch to intestine.
Other causes could be an internal hernia. Whatever the cause this is not the norm and you should follow up with your surgeon.

In brief: Ulcer or gallbladder
Dr. Scott Welle
Dr. Scott Welle
Dr. Steven Seres