I had breast implants for 10 years i would like them removed and fat replaced can anybody do this as mamagrane is not good at detecting cancer ?

Dr. Anthony Brignoni

In brief: Fat transfer

Fat transfer is an alternative to implants.
First lipososuction is done to harvest the fat, then transferred to the breast. You my loose 40 to 60 % of the transferred fat and need further replacement. Dying fat will create calcifications and other artificats that show up on mammograms making it difficult to interpret. Even though i perform it, still recommend replacement with other implants.

In brief: Fat transfer

Dr. Anthony Brignoni
Dr. Anthony Brignoni
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Can be done

Fat transfer, when done properly is an excellent choice for patients like yourself or some one just looking for a first time augmentation.
Prerequisites are good amount or proper fat and good health overall. We have been performing fat transfer to the breasts for the last 18 years with good results and normal follow up mammograms and MRI exams. Good luck from nyc.

In brief: Can be done

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Oren Lerman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It can be done

Fat injection for breast augmentation is gaining popularity but it is still in its infance and many plastic surgeons do not do it for cosmetic surgery because long term side effects and the ability to screen for cancer are unknown.
I would tred lightly when considering this.

In brief: It can be done

Dr. Oren Lerman
Dr. Oren Lerman
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Screen for cancer with mamogramm after fat transplant is impossible due to calcium deposits. European surgeons abandoned this technic.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: REALLY 100years old?

I had to say that because your description says 100 years old.
I am attaching a photo of a patient i treated by delflating their saline implant (visible rippling) followed by replacement with fat. The result is at 6 mos. Fat transfer may interfere with mammograms and cause cyst formation or collections of oil or dead fat necessitating biopsy or drainage not unlike breast reduction changes.

In brief: REALLY 100years old?

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Why?

Go see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and discuss this with them. The reason you want to do this is very important to the answer. Depending on your expectations it might be a good idea, a bad idea or they may be a better way.
Despite what you may read here and elsewhere on the internet, fat grafting is not without significant risks. It should only be done under research protocols.

In brief: Why?

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Kenneth Murdock
Radiation Oncology

In brief: See a specialist.

Implants can be difficult to remore because of the scar tissue that surrounds them. Don't go to a general surgeon.
Get a brest surgeon who removes these on a regular basis. Although mammograms do't "see" around an implant, mris do and are effective in that situation.

In brief: See a specialist.

Dr. Kenneth Murdock
Dr. Kenneth Murdock
Dr. Jane Van Dis