My birth control tells me what to do if I miss pills in a row but what if I miss multiple pills not in a row?

Dr. Andrew Oswari

In brief: Start over

The more you miss the higher the chance of failure.
Sometimes it's just best to start the next pack and make sure you don't miss any. Put them near your toothbrush to remind you to take them.

In brief: Start over

Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari

In brief: How it works

The pill provides hormones in a set way mimic what happens during pregnancy, you don't release eggs, so you don't get pregnant.
When you miss one or more pills, the hormone level falls & your body bay revert to its "normal" state and release an egg. That makes you at higher risk of pregnancy. Backup BC would be wise. If you forget a lot, get an implant or IUD.

In brief: How it works

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham