Bmi 40+, lack of addiction so far to phentermine, is it safe to take it longer than a year? My dr. Is mentioning surgery instead...

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: Never any reported
Phentermine ihas never been shown to be addictive.
It can have some stimulating side effects more so in some patients that others, that is why a patient is monitored monthly, for wt loss, BP pulse.I have many patients safely on Phentermine maintenance for years the stimulatory side efects generally disappear in 4-6 mo.There are 2 ways Phentermine works.Decr. Hunger for 4-6 mo, milder decr calories.

In brief: Never any reported
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Doug Ballan
In brief: SURGERY WORKS
Much of the preparation for surgery will help you toward a more healthy lifestyle.

In brief: SURGERY WORKS
Dr. Doug Ballan
Dr. Doug Ballan
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Can loose muscle
The danger of using stimulants and suppressing appetite is essential muscle loss - will end up with gut gangrene with loss of intestines or getting heart attack - need a healthy weight loss program.

In brief: Can loose muscle
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery