Swollen lymph nodes in neck to clavical referred to an ENT what's this mean?

Swollen lymph nodes. Many times swollen lymph nodes happen as a reaction to something/a condition occurs in the head and neck area- like if you have any inflammation, infection , or other process including malignancy that happens in the mouth, tongue, throat etc. Your ENT will evaluate your ear, mouth and throat area to see if there is anything explaining the lymph nodes and do necessary work-up -may include a biopsy.
Monitoring Centers. Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.