I had wisdom teeth removed 1 month ago. Recently i got an infection. I bit into some jerkey and heard a loud crack like somethring broke. The x-rays came back clean, so they cleaned out the 17 site and sent me home. What was the crack and could there be p

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: 3 things?

The "crack" could have been from a hard substance in the jerky, a jaw joint noise, or another tooth.
Unfortunately without actually being able to examine you at the time of your complaint, there isn't much more information that we can give you. Follow up with your own dentist(s) until everything is healing and normal.

In brief: 3 things?

Dr. Tony Jewett
Dentistry

In brief: Loud crack after ext

The crack you heard was likely from your jaw joint.
Having wisdom teeth out temporarily imbalances the joint and it can crack similar to cracking ones knuckle. If the crack was from a tooth, you likely would have a piece of tooth in your mouth or a very sore tooth. Stay on softer foods -no jerky! time should heal this one.

In brief: Loud crack after ext

Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe Unrelated

If you had your tooth extracted, i doubt the cracking noise was from anything related to that tooth.
Also, the infection may or may not be related to the cracked tooth. A crack may be a tooth or restoration such as a filling or a crown. I imagine it may not have been your tooth itself as it would commonly cause pain of some kind, although it is still possible.

In brief: Maybe Unrelated

Dr. Milroy Samuel

In brief: Hmmm

It may have been a contaminated jerky.

In brief: Hmmm

It may have been a contaminated jerky.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil