Accidently more weight put on my ACL reconstructed knee..Lost balance..Din fall bt felt terrible..No pain..Took painkiller prior to dat.Nothing wrong?

Dr. Gregory Carolan
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Probably Okay

I allow my acl reconstructions to bear full weight afterwards (except if a meniscal repair or other ligaments were repaired) so it is unlikely that you sustained an injury by putting too much weight on your leg.
If the leg swelled up or is causing pain, that would be a bad sign. If you have that , you should see your surgeon for evaluation.

In brief: Probably Okay

Dr. Peter Mandt
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Don't worry

Modern techniques for fixating acl grafts are very strong.
I have done several thousand acl surgeries and have yet to see one come loose from such a fall. However, we get calls weekly from patients who have such mishaps that need reassurance. I f you're really worried, call your surgeon and ask him to take a look.

In brief: Don't worry

Dr. Vikram Patel