Can the Depo-Provera cause pain during intercourse?

Dr. Carolyn Quist
Gynecology
I assume you mean "depo-provera" that is used for birth control as opposed to Depo-Provera lupron (leuprolide).
Since depo-provera is a progestin used to suppress egg development it will impact the estrogen levels in a woman which can in turn effect the normal vaginal lubrication, sex drive and bacterial environment which can lead to infections.

Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Not usual, but yes
Long term use of depo lowers estrogen levels and can cause dryness of the vagina which in turn can cause rawness during and after intercourse.
Like a procologist doing a rectal exam w/o the ky. But other types of pain- like he's hitting soemthing or cramping- no.

In brief: Not usual, but yes
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham