Can the Depo-Provera cause pain during intercourse?

Yes. I assume you mean "depo-provera" that is used for birth control as opposed to Depo-Provera lupron (leuprolide). Since depo-provera is a progestin used to suppress egg development it will impact the estrogen levels in a woman which can in turn effect the normal vaginal lubrication, sex drive and bacterial environment which can lead to infections.
Not usual, but yes. Long term use of Depo-Provera lowers estrogen levels and can cause dryness of the vagina which in turn can cause rawness during and after intercourse. Like a procologist doing a rectal exam w/o the ky. But other types of pain- like he's hitting soemthing or cramping- no.