What are these white patchy spots.On my face(cheeks)? Doc said its pityrisias alba but not enough info about it. They have on/off worsening periods.

Dr. Pamela Moore

In brief: Poor pigmentation

It sounds like you are describing poor pigmentation which can be due to pityriasis alba or other causes.
Poor pigmentation seems much worse with sun exposure because the rest of the skin tans/darkens in response to the sun and these areas don't. I would recommend an evaluation by a dermatologist (skin specialist) for another opinion or other treatment options.

In brief: Poor pigmentation

Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Jeffrey Weinberg
Dermatology

In brief: Eczema

P alba is a type of eczema.

In brief: Eczema

P alba is a type of eczema.
Dr. Jeffrey Weinberg
Dr. Jeffrey Weinberg
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham