I have acne and scars. Is laser effective in healing thescars? Are there any side effects of laser?

Dr. Eric Chang
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Lasers for acne scar
Lasers can decrease the depth and severity of acne scarring.
Realize it probably will not completely take the scar away. Furthermore several treatments may be necessary to see the optimal effects.

In brief: Lasers for acne scar
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Laser may help
There are many different lasers which can be very effective but the results will vary depending on the chromophore, targeted tissue, energy, provider experience, etc.

In brief: Laser may help
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Safe
Co2 fractionated laser is an excellent option to treat acne scars.
Usually more than one session will be necessary for a marked improvement. Depending on the degree of scarring other procedures can be performed as well. The most common side effects is hyperpigmentation which is reversible overtime.

In brief: Safe
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Lasers may help
I agree with dr. Chang.
I would add that some lasers may not be recommended for darker skinned individuals.

In brief: Lasers may help
I agree with dr. Chang.
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Annette Occhialini