I've run out of my prescription lortab, and I do have norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) 5/325 left from a previous doctor visit. Okay to take this instead?

Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: The Same

Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) just has a lower amount of tylenol so the difference is minor. Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is probably a little safe from a liver damage standpoint.
Chronic use of either require laboratory monitoring. Limit your tylenol (acetaminophen) daily dose to 2600 to 3000 mg daily regardless. See your doctor for continuing back problems.

In brief: The Same

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Mark Newman
Anesthesiology

In brief: Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen)

Both drugs have analgesic effect.
Much will depend on the condition you are taking them for and in what doses. Consultation with the prescribing physician is always recommended.

Both drugs have analgesic effect.
Dr. Mark Newman
Dr. Mark Newman
Dr. Vikram Patel