Should I be treated for rheumatoid arthritis if my RA factor is reactive, my ccp antibodies r a weak positive, my CRP is slightly elevated& pain?

David Miller
In brief: See your doc
This is a decision that needs to be made by you and your rheumatologist.
Nsaids are fine for the pain, but don't overdo it. See your doc to make sure of your diagnosis before considering any treatment regimen. There is a new medication on market called vimovo (esomeprazole and naproxen) check this out has naproxyn 375 with esmoprezole 20mg might be able to help your arthritic pain.

In brief: See your doc
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Treat person not lab
You describe blood tests we see in people with rheumatoid arthritis but the diagnosis depends on what we see in the patient.
You have pain but do you have rheumatoid arthritis. A rheumatology evaluation will clearly decide if you have rheuamtoid arthritis.The presence of those labs are suggestive but you need the rheumatologist to make teh correct diagnosis.

In brief: Treat person not lab
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Keegan Duchicela