I recently had a discharge that looked like skin. It was half the size of my palm. What could this be? Could it be cancerous?

Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Not cancer

If it was a single piece of tissue- probably a decidual cast.
This would be most likely if you are on hormonal contraception or have high Progesterone levels. If there were multiple episodes the tissue was vaginal skin -the condition is vaginal desquamation or sloughing of the vaginal skin- kind of like peeling after a sunburn. It indicates a reaction to something, .

In brief: Not cancer

Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: See your doc

Where did the discharge come from? I would alert your friendly primary care physician to these symptoms.

In brief: See your doc

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Seek health care

Hello blessed. You do not state where the discharge came from. I assume it was vaginal.
If so, you should see a gynecologist.

In brief: Seek health care

If so, you should see a gynecologist.
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg