How can I get rid of a headache due to a toothache?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Jaw precautions

Start with an antiinflammatory medication such as alleve, Motrin or advil, (ibuprofen) ice the area that hurts, adopt a soft diet and then make an appointment with a dentist asap.

In brief: Jaw precautions

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Fix toothache

Most likely your headache is referred pain from the bad tooth.
You need to address the toothache. You may have to start with antibiotics for the tooth, then what ever that can be done to fix the tooth such as root canal or pulling the tooth ot other. Hopefully this will take care of the ha. I would not delay treating the tooth. Get antibiotics now and see dentist as soon as possible.

In brief: Fix toothache

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Stan Shih
Dentistry

In brief: Ibuprofen

Ibuprofen (brand names include motrin, advil) are very effective for toothaches.
If Ibuprofen isn't enough to reduce the pain even temporarily, call a dentist. Most dentists would consider this an emergency and should be able to evaluate you within 24 hours.

In brief: Ibuprofen

Dr. Stan Shih
Dr. Stan Shih