Why do I always feel bloated? I'm the opposite of constipated so I don't know what's wrong? I also missed my period for the second month!

Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: ? pregnant
I hope you have done the obvious, checked to make sure you are not pregnant.
Also, lactose intolerance and celiac disease are 2 underdiagnosed reasons for your symptoms similar to yours.Get checked.

In brief: ? pregnant
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
3 comments
Dr. Scott Beard
yeah, guess i;m tired cause i missed the last part about no period, BK is right check the preg test
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
leave it to the GI doc to look for pregnancy and the GYN to look for IBS!! :)
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: IBS
Assuming the opposite of constipated means the stools are loose, or worse, then likely irritable bowel syndrome.
Start off with stopping all caffiene, and limiting carbonated beverages. See if any association with fatty foods, if so curtail these as well. Could be a gallbladder issue or a bowel disease so if symptoms persist after the above get it checked out. Also if blood is involved.

In brief: IBS
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham