I have bumps on my face that look like pimples but are not and they hurt?

In brief: May not be acne

Bumps on the face that hurt may be deeper-than-average acne bumps.
A dermatologist can help treat them. If they are not acne, and don't come to the surface and break open to drain themselves, then the dermatologist will also be very helpful. Sometimes the doctor can open a bump to see what is inside.

In brief: May not be acne

Dr. Antoanella Calame
Dermatology

In brief: See a dermatologist

It is difficult to make a proper diagnosis since I am not there to see the condition.
I recommend seeing a dermatologist so that they can make a proper diagnosis and give you something to get rid of the condition or relieve symptoms.

In brief: See a dermatologist

Dr. Antoanella Calame
Dr. Antoanella Calame