Will eating kale help fight breast cancer?

Not necessarily. There are no specific dietary factors known to prevent breast cancer. However kale and many other vegetables contain tremendous amounts of trace vitamins and other nutrients including anti-oxidants, which may help reduce the risk of developing a cancer. In general a low-fat, plant-based diet is healthier and can be considered preventative for many chronic diseases as well as cancer.
Eat healthy. Being healthy and maintaining an ideal body weight will help to reduce your risks but not eliminate them. I am not aware of kale having any special properties fighting breast cancer.
Prevent or treat? Agree with dr. Attiai. Lifelong intake of low fat diet, high in fruit, vegetable intake may be associated with decreased risk for a number of cancers. Missed that boat and trying play catchup? Couldn't hurt, may not specifically impact on risk for getting recurrence or preventing new tumor, but has other benefits to recommend it. Diet is a factor, but not a magic bullet unfortunately.