I have a small pinhead size knot on my eyelid its not acne should I pop it?

David Miller

In brief: Chalazion?

A chalazion is a benign subcutaneous nodule within the eyelid.
It is usually painless and self-limiting. The treatment is warm compresses to soften the nodule and gentle massage to help reduce it. It should get better in a few weeks. It's worth seeing a doc for, especially if it doesn't respond to treatment. Don't pop it.

In brief: Chalazion?

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Benjamin Rubin
Ophthalmology

In brief: Chalazion

Could be stye or chalazion.
Start with hot compress 4x a day and see your eye doctor who can prescribe steroid drops and antibiotic drops. Sometimes surgery us needed to drain.

In brief: Chalazion

Could be stye or chalazion.
Dr. Benjamin Rubin
Dr. Benjamin Rubin