My 4 mth old has reflux can I giver her Zantac (ranitidine) and gripe water at the same time? She has trouble sleeping anything I can do?

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: See her doctor.
Depending on the company making the gripe water you use, it could have ingredients that aren't safe; gripe water is not regulated by the fda.
If Zantac (ranitidine) isn't helping her enough, please see her doctor-her dose may need to be adjusted, or she needs a different medicine, or she needs to see a pediatric GI specialist.

In brief: See her doctor.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
2 comments
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Craniosacral therapy can also alleviate symptoms. I have had good experience with Chinese Medicine and homeopathy in helping with reflux as well. The good news is you have options including the ones Dr Juster suggested.
Dr. Susan McCreadie
Agree Dr. Franz. I refer out for craniosacral therapy and chiropractic care. I use homeopathy and PROBIOTICS. These beneficial bacteria help rebalance the digestive system.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Yes, you can .You may try added rice cereals to help her sleep.

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham