I have lymes disease and i'm looking for a doctor that knows about it in my area everyone seems to know nothing as I get sicker?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Lyme Disease

Did you have the classic target lesion? This is the confirmation for the disease, but blood work can be done.
Ultimately, many things can mimic lyme disease, so seeing a doctor is the best option. If treatment is desired, usually treatment is a 21-day course of doxycycline. I am not endorsing therapy, just giving my thoughts.

In brief: Lyme Disease

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
If you have what is called Lyme arthritis, then other antibiotic options are amoxicillin or cefuroxime or clarithromycin. There are charity foundations out there to help. I have helped through my clinic nurses to find this. You need to be pro-active and not be so negative. Depression is not going to help you or your family. If you want to get better, get to your doctor and get the help you need
Dr. Tedde Rinker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Try support group

Look online for a local lyme support group.
There you can meet other people who have lyme disease and ask them where they go for treatment. Getting a recommendation fromsomeone who is happy with their health care is best.

In brief: Try support group

Dr. Tedde Rinker
Dr. Tedde Rinker