I had back surgery 5 days ago and about 2days after I started getting thesr headaches/ears with a lot of pressure. What should I do? Tylnol don't work

Dr. James Marx
Pain Management
In brief: CSF Leak
You may have a leak of spinal fluid or csf.
These (spinal)headaches are positional-you get them when you are upright and they go away when you lay down. They can usually be treated with a "blood patch" which stops the leak and increases CSF production so the headache goes away. The patches are usually done by an aneshesiologist. Make sure your surgeon knows about your headaches.

In brief: CSF Leak
Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management
In brief: Spinal leak
If your headache also gets worse when you get up or bend over it can be related to leakage of the spinal fluid.
This is unfortunate but common complication of spinal surgery. Stay in the bed, take caffeine tablets and most important get back to your surgeon for check up.

In brief: Spinal leak
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Arnon Rubin