Is there any benefit to wearing compression stockings without a dvt. I think I have a lymphatic problem but docs here say nothing can be done...... ?

Dr. Cynthia Point
Support stockings can help your legs feel less heavy and sore by the end of the day even if you do not have a DVT or even varicose veins.
Often, only knee highs are needed, and are much easier to put on. The stockings will not cure the lymphatic problem, but you will feel better, and that is fine.

Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Lymphedema
If you have swelling in the legs that is not related to an acute deep venous thrombosis it may still be related to chronic venous insufficiency if there is reflux in the veins.
If the veins are working well then you may have lymphedema. This type of edema can be easily managed with manual lymphatic drainage and compression therapy. Pleas see a specialist that has interest in lymphedema.

In brief: Lymphedema
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular
Wear the compression stockings.
There is a lot that can be done for patients with lymphedema of the extremities. You do not have to suffer. Fin a local vascular specialist that has a special interest in lymphedema.

Wear the compression stockings.
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: Absolutely
Drs. Salartash and point both wrote excellent answers that i agree with entirely.
If you are looking for a lymphedema therapist, go to http://www.Lymphnet.Org/resourceguide/findtreatment.Htm.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: May help
Follow up with lymphedema clinic to help symptoms.

In brief: May help
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology
Leg swelling is a common problem and there are many causes.
I am a strong advocate of wearing knee length supp hose routinely if it is possible. 20mmhg is well tolerated and I have been wearing them for many years. If you have leg swelling I do not concur that nothing can be done. You should have a full evaluation to see if there is a reason-venous reflux, deep reflux, meds, lymphedema, etc.

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology