Have a lump about the size of a thick quarter. It hurts to move or raise my arm. What is it and what do I need to do?

See your doctor. Could be several things from a noncancerous tumor called a lipoma to a lymphnode or an abscess which is a pocket of infection. See your doctor for evaluation.