How to stop smoking?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Congratulations!

Sounds to me like you want to stop smoking.
I congratulate you for that. It's probably one of the best things you can do for your health as cigarette smoking is the number one preventable cause of morbidity and mortality, which is not only hurting yourself but also hurting your family, friends and society. The habit may not be easy to break. Nicotin patches and gums, Chantix and zyban (bupropion) can help.

In brief: Congratulations!

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Mutual support helps

You might consider attending a meeting of nicotine anonymous.

In brief: Mutual support helps

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Cold turkey.

As far as quitting without any nicotine replacement, the cold turkey method is great.
But plan it ahead of time. Pick a quit date in advance, maybe a meaningful date like a birthday or holiday, and gather people who are aware of your attempt that you can call upon for moral support if you start to falter. Good luck!! Big fan of cold turkey (not the food).

In brief: Cold turkey.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology