My right testicle has been sore for three weeks. I saw my doctor two weeks ago about the soreness. He did not see an issue. Why is it still sore?

David Miller
In brief: Epididymitis?
This could be epididymitis, which is inflammation of the epididymis.
It can be caused by trauma or infection and can brew for several weeks. When you were looked at earlier, it could have still been early enough to not be caught. Worth a trip back to the doc for re-evaluation and possible treatment. In the meantime, a bag of frozen peas works wonders for testicular pain.

In brief: Epididymitis?
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
In brief: Testicular pain
There are many cause of testicular pain.
It can be from infection in the testicle or epididymis or from trauma. You can also have dull pain from a varicocele. You should see your internist or urologist and possibly have a testicular ultrasound for full evaluation.

In brief: Testicular pain
Dr. Joseph Maklansky
Dr. Joseph Maklansky
Dr. Vicken Poochikian