How to deal with water retention in feet, ankles, and lower legs?

In brief: Edema

Swelling to the feet and ankles is common as we get older. It can be a vascular insufficiency, kidney or blood pressure issue.
If you have been given a diuretic by your doctor - take it on schedule! You can try to wear support hose and elevate your fee when out of bed. If this does not relieve your issue see your doctor. Do not ignore this.

In brief: Edema

Dr. Scott Shields
Dr. Scott Shields

In brief: See your physician

This could be due to high blood pressure, kidney disorders, heart problems, or poor valve function in your veins.
I would recommend seeing your primary care physician first and getting a complete check up.

In brief: See your physician

Dr. Jeffery VanYperen
Dr. Jeffery VanYperen

In brief: Water retention

First you must find our why you are retatining water is it renal or cardiovascular then you can treat.

In brief: Water retention

Dr. Michael Lyons
Dr. Michael Lyons
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine