What can I take to help sleep at nite. Diphenhydramine does not work n melatonen makes my legs restless.?

Dr. David Duhon
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Insomnia treatment

Medication is not always the best answer. There's more than one type of insomnia, with different causes and treatments.
If your primary problem is difficulty falling asleep at the beginning of the night, try to find a doctor or psychologist who used cognitive/behavioral therapy (cbt) for insomnia. For chronic insomnia, cbt is far more effective than sleeping pills...And a lot safer.

In brief: Insomnia treatment

Dr. Richard Malen

In brief: Try generic Ambien (zolpidem)

You have tried two of the more effective over the counter remedies.
I suggest that you see your primary care physician. A prescription for Ambien (zolpidem) is usually highly effective and has minimal problems when used correctly. I usually advise nof using it every night so as not to become dependent. It is best saved for those nights when you know that you just won't sleep.

In brief: Try generic Ambien (zolpidem)

Dr. Eric Weisman