My doctor told me I have elevated liver enzymes. She said lay off tylenol (acetaminophen) and alcohol. Is this something I have to do for the rest of my life?

Probably not. Your liver enzymes should be rechecked in a couple of months or so. If they are normal, you can probably drink in moderation, especially if you don't take any more acetaminophen.
High liver enzymes. Depends on what is the cause of the elevated liver enzymes . Continue to see your doctor until the cause is determined and continue to follow his advice to keep yourself safe.