Can you be pregnant and still come out negative on a home pregnancy test?

False negative. False negative home pregnancy tests certainly occur. If suspect that this may be the case, may repeat the test the next day with another urine home pregnancy kit. If still negative (indicating probably accurate) but still suspect pregnancy, may notify your gyn who may obtain a serum pregnancy test, which is much more accurate.
Preg with neg test. One can be pregnant with a negative urine test due to a number of reasons; 1. Expired or defective test 2. Done too early 3. Pregnancy may be slow in developing. In any case repeat the test in 1 week and if you feel pregnant and it's still negative see your gynecologist.