The cough I have is more persistent in the am and pm ?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Reflux or allergies

If you are not home between these times.
.. I would strongly think you might have allergies that are causing your symptoms. If there are pets in the house... That may be what is causing this. Another condition that can cause a nightly/ early morning cough is acid reflux. See your local ENT for further evaluation.

In brief: Reflux or allergies

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Positional?

If your cough worsens when you are lying in bed, it could be due to gerd or post-nasal drip.
The treatments for these are different so the precise diagnosis would need to be made by your doctor so it can be treated. It can be due to both of these factors as well! if not positional, bronchospasm is possible. Treatment for this is different from the other entities. See your doctor.

In brief: Positional?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Adam Levy