Hi just had acl/menisuc surgery and im in mt 4 wk after. I feel like im not getting better fast and still can't walk on my own yet. Should i worry?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: In due time...

I have my patients wear a brace until 6-9 weeks postop.
While many patients are able to put partial weight on the leg w/ the aid of crutches, it is not unusual for them to feel weakness/ pain @ 4 wks that prevent them from fully walking on their own. You should discuss your concerns with your physical therapist/ surgeon, but if this is just due to quad weakness it will level out in time.

In brief: In due time...

Dr. John Shim
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Tough situation

Acl/meniscus can be a drawn out recovery.
You doctor I am sure, has ruled out infection. Sometimes it takes longer for certain individual. Discuss progress with your doctor, and make sure you discuss all the possibilities. Rarely, you may need to have a new MRI to check orientation of the new graft.

In brief: Tough situation

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine