What are the recommended treatments for menieres disease?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: First diet

First is always diet modification.
Menieres patients are the healthiest as they avoid fat, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and salt. Most of my menieres patients need nothing else. The next step is a diuretic. Discuss this further with your ent.

In brief: First diet

First is always diet modification.
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
great answer. Wishing you'all the best.
Dr. Jed Kwartler
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Meniere's

First line therapies include low salt diet, diuretic, adequate hydration and good sleep.
Other drugs tried include betaserc, an antihistamine. To control vertigo attacks drugs like Meclizine or valium may be used. If you are in the 20% of patients that fail medical therapy and continue to have vertigo attacks then more invasive procedures are recommended.

In brief: Meniere's

Dr. Jed Kwartler
Dr. Jed Kwartler
Dr. Eric Weisman