Alt 188 AST 88 does changing statins cause the elevation? Nevver had abnormal liver function test before

It's possible. Elevated Liver function tests may occur for a variety of issues from Fatty infiltration (hepatic steatosis), viral illnesses such as the hepatitis viruses, Alcoholism, increased use of medications that metabolize through the liver (statins), cirrhosis, biliary disease, tumors, gallbladder disease, etc, etc. Discuss with Dr. to HOLD the statin and see if they trend down, then try another med 4 Chol.
Could be. Stop the statin and recheck to see if it is reversed.
Possible. I also trust your new statin hasn't given your skeletal muscle inflammation, which can also raise transaminases. Your physician knows how to continue the workup.