Does incisional hernia always require surgery?

No. But most do or they enlarge and cause other trouble. Risk - benefit is the calculation. Includes what surgery was original. Where is the incision? How large is the current defect? Contain bowel?Etc.
Most do. The great majority of incisional hernias require repair. Those that are large enough to allow structures like bowel to slip in and out easily and are associated with no symptoms at all can have surgery deferred. Unfortunately, over time, most people develop symptoms and require surgery. Also, larger hernias require larger fixes and the natural history is that incisional hernias tend to enlarge.
No. Not necessarily. If it does not bother you, is not increasing in size and does not incarcerate (get stuck) then you do not absolutely need to fix it. If, however, the above things are happening or it is a larger hernia thru a small defect in the muscle then it is better to fix it early vs later.